Thursday, February 19, 2015

Introduction

Hello and welcome to the official Wild Bill Tactical blog, anything airsoft and custom gear related will be posted here.

A formal introduction about myself:

Tell me a little bit about yourself:
My name is Bill but everyone who I'm acquainted in the airsoft community will know me better as Wild Bill (For playing without using a lower face protection). I've been playing since 2011 and had been on and off of the hobby since then. I'm located in SoCal and currently frequented Code Red Airsoft so feel free to say hi if you ever see me on the field.

How did you get into airsoft?
My reason for getting into airsoft is kind of a cheesy one, like a lot of guys my age I've been obsessed with war films/shooter games and had wanted to be one of those guys in the movie. My ultimate plan was to enlist in the Army under a 2 or 4 years contract as an 91F and eventually become a gunsmith, but some legal issue in the past had wiped that dream forever. It was around the same time that I've discovered airsoft, I had cheap springers for backyard plinking before but after watching a milsim video on Youtube I just know that I have to try it. I did eventually at a local indoor field and it was an blast, even if it isn't the real thing.

How did you get into gearmaking?
One thing I noticed in the airsoft community is that people are starting to pour top dollar into brand name tactical gears or equipment to imitate their long admired spec op units like Rangers, Navy Seals, SF, etc. While some of the these brand name gear offered some novelty to the tactical industries (Crye combat pants to name a few), they were simply overpriced, had few camo/color options and simply doesn't offered the functionality that I was looking for. I eventually got tired of wasting my hard earned dollar and decided to invest in a decent sewing machine to create inexpensive uniform mod and gear for myself. I'm currently operate a small sewing business named Wild Bill Tactical that specialized in uniform alteration/modification/repair, I'm still a newcomer when it comes to sewing so I'm always practicing to improve my skills. My ultimate goal is to have my own line of tactical uniform and gear.

What can I expect out of this blog?
The goal of this blog is to share my airsoft and tactical sewing experience to the general public, you can expect review, tips and personal write ups of either two.

I think that's about covered it, I hope you will enjoy the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment